gadawgs

Aluminite And Microballoon Question

What ratio of microballoons to resin do yall use to make a bait. I'm wanting to make it float and then add lead to sink it. Hope this isn't to vague. thanks

Here is two ways i do it. I use a scale to measure.

1 Add 5% by weight to the resin this gives you about 50% by volume. Then add lead to the bottom.This swins OK but if the profile is tall it may want to lay over when retrieved to fast.

2 Add 10% by weight to the resin which is about 100% or equal parts. Then add more lead to the bottom.This swims alot better in my opinion.

One tip for adding the mb is to add it to the yellow part of the resin. It is thinner and will release bubbles easier. Mix it in and let it set as long as you can to release the air. This will make your pour better with less air. When you add the mb like I do and you add it to one part only, you will add double the percentage cause it will be only in one part. Example if you mix 20gms of part a or b then in the yellow resin you will add 4gms of mb. Hope this is clear enough.

What ratio of microballoons to resin do yall use to make a bait. I'm wanting to make it float and then add lead to sink it. Hope this isn't to vague. thanks

I add 1 to 1 and have had o issues with this ratio screws hold well and is not brittle 200 swimbaits later no problems. hope this helps less MBs did not give me enough bouyentcy ..