COBRA

Saltwater Plugs

what are the round rings or inserts seen on the bottom of a lot of these plugs? are the hooks all through wired or do they just attach to these inserts that lock in some how? is the front eyelet just a screw eye that screws in? i guess i am just wondering on the hardware of these things. thanks.

what are the round rings or inserts seen on the bottom of a lot of these plugs? are the hooks all through wired or do they just attach to these inserts that lock in some how? is the front eyelet just a screw eye that screws in? i guess i am just wondering on the hardware of these things. thanks.

The inserts are grommets that press in to a counter bored hole. They usually have a barrel swivel pass through with one end hanging out for the hook and the other inside the bait with a through wire from nose to tail passing through the swivel to hold it in. The wire has a loop twisted on one end and is pushed through from the head end and then another is twisted at the tail end (tail wrap). Most of those baits do not use screw eyes. There ia a lot of information on that site ,search through wiring. http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/forumdisplay.php?f=169