Net Man

Swimbait Painting

Hey guys,

I need help again!! I have a few swim baits that I want to paint. But I am struggling with how to fix it so that it does not move when painting. Also I use D2T to clear and have no clue how I would keep the bait straight while turning. I tried a little super glue on the hinges but it did not work. I need help and some photos may be helpful too.

Thanks

Mike

Netman, I wrap rubber bands around the joints to immobilize them and mask them from paint spray. It's best to paint the segments separately and then assemble the bait but it you're painting an existing bait....

One thing to be aware of when topcoating with D2T, it draws away from sharp edges while curing and will be almost microscopically thin. The epxoy will chip off quickly if those edges touch while swimming. You can either round off the edges before painting or use an alternative topcoat like Dick Nite, etc.

Netman, I wrap rubber bands around the joints to immobilize them and mask them from paint spray. It's best to paint the segments separately and then assemble the bait but it you're painting an existing bait....

One thing to be aware of when topcoating with D2T, it draws away from sharp edges while curing and will be almost microscopically thin. The epxoy will chip off quickly if those edges touch while swimming. You can either round off the edges before painting or use an alternative topcoat like Dick Nite, etc.

Pictured here is one of the holders I use for swimbaits. They are adjustable for different lengths of baits from 3" to 10" and they work for painting or topcoating.

my pictures0255.JPG

my pictures0255.JPG

my pictures0255.JPG

my pictures0255.JPG

my pictures0255.JPG

my pictures0255.JPG

my pictures0255.JPG

my pictures0255.JPG

post-11462-126145635678_thumb.jpg