Kris

Work Area Heater

With the temps here the south finally dipping I'm going to need a portable heater for my work area. I thought I would ask and see if anyone had any suggestions on good portable electric heater for a work area.

Been looking and there seem to be 100s of them out there. I was hoping to find a overhead heater like what Marvin Heaters used to make before they went out of business .... but no luck.

Any suggestions ..... Kind (ceramic, etc.) Brand, area of heating, etc.

Thanks.

Might help to know how big your work area is and if it's an insulated room. I've got a DeLonghi electric, oil filled radiator that heats a 12' by 14' bedroom quite nicely.

Here's a link to some of their heaters.

http://www.sylvane.com/delonghi-space-heaters.html

RG

Edited by RayburnGuy

I heat my 1000 sq ft garage with a kerosene heater when I am out there in the winter making baits. I light it outside and burn it till it quits smoking then move it in. It does a great job.

I use an electric utility heater. It has 1300 watts on low and 1500 watts when on high and it takes the chill off of a 10 x 12 area in the basement. Some places call it a milk house heater. I paid around $20 at Home Depot last winter.

It is listed at this website for $17.49.

http://doitbest.com/Electric+Space+Heaters-Holmes+Jarden+Direct-model-PUH680-U-doitbest-sku-428256.dib