Net Man

Devcon Users

Hi guys. I need some help. I have been using the plastic brushes that you buy at Wally world to apply D2T. Well they do not carry them any more and I have not found them on the web yet. Do any of you have a place that you order them from?

I use acid flux brushed from Home Depot, in the plumbing section. 24 cents each, not a bad deal.

I use artist brushes and like them much better than the acid brushes. They give me a smoother stroke and bubbles in the finish aren't as much trouble as with the acid brushes. At least for me anyway. I clean them with denatured alcohol and have been using the same brush for quite some time now. That's just my :twocents:

RG

This Finn got 144 brushes on Ebay for $10. They are hair whereas Depots' are sort of a synthetic, maybe a nylon. Another question on Devcon/2 part quick set epoxies.....are there any that wont yellow, even after years???? Is it the sun that breaks down the epoxy color? Thanks, Bruce.

My opinion only: Yes, I think that the sun is what yellows the Devcon. I tried to spray automotive clear over the devcon to see if it would still yellow and it has not so far. I have been wanting to try some of the UV Blast stuff to see if that would keep it from yellowing. It does take a long time to see a bait start to yellow. I have some that are three to for years old that has not yellowed yet.

Here is what I use....cheap and disposable.... save the handles and you can use them to mix your epoxy.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=619473

Rod

Hi guys. I need some help. I have been using the plastic brushes that you buy at Wally world to apply D2T. Well they do not carry them any more and I have not found them on the web yet. Do any of you have a place that you order them from?

Edited by rjbass

Look around your local hobby shop, I found 20 brushes for $1.99 at Michael's in the kids paint area.