Capital Fishing Lures

Making Lures On A Lathe

I have personally only made topwaters but I have seen other turned baits. I seen crankbaits that where turned. Search for some websites that have antique lures and you should be able to find some examples. Hope this will help

Diemai makes a nice remake of the rush tango on the lathe. Im still tying to perfect this myself but he has a video on it swimming on here somewhere and a post on the specs.You can also make gliders on the lathe also, I have a few cant remember the name of the bait though.You can also make pullbaits on the lathe.

@ Capital Fishing Lures

Like turtlebait stated , check those lure collectors sites , lots of pictures there of vintage lures , a lot of these were lathe-turned either , ........I've used a lot of these oldies for examples as well !

Here is a link :My link

Click on "collectors links" on left column .

And here is the thread , that jamie is refering to : http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/17724-my-latest-lure-test-video/page__hl__rush%20tango

You may also check my gallery uploads , I wrote a bit of explanation there about working processes ,....... also took some pics of some basically lathe-turned diving baits , that I could find on a short term and enclosed them in this post .

There is also a tutorial here on TU about how to make a copy of a vintage "Bomber" lure , check the tut section for it !

If you have any further questions , feel free to post !

good luck , diemai :yay:

LATULU_01.JPG

LATULU_02.JPG

LATULU_03.JPG

LATULU_01.JPG

LATULU_02.JPG

LATULU_03.JPG

LATULU_01.JPG

LATULU_02.JPG

LATULU_03.JPG

LATULU_01.JPG

LATULU_02.JPG