Balls

Relative Proportions

G'day all

Not sure if this tip will help everyone, but a number of patterns I have made overs the years I wanted to make the same lure in a bigger & or smaller version. I make all of my templates out of plastic ice cream lids. I have a side profile, top profile & a bib profile & or use one of the bibs I punch out on my bib punch. The side profile template has the bib slot cut in, eyelet placement etc. The beauty of the plastic is if you want to slightly modify the template until you get it right it is easliy sanded.

Back to the subject, to reduce & or increase the version for bigger or smaller lures I just use a photocopier to reduce & or increase the templates by using the percentage menu until I achieve the desired size. I then glue the paper copy onto the plastic, cut it out & wullah, same lure either bigger or smaller & everything is in proportion. I haven't had any problems using this method, it has also worked with weighted lures.

Anyway I hope it helps some one out when they are trying to increase or decrease lure sizes & still end up with the same shape & action.

I also retain all of my small templates in containers with seperate compartments & use a tackle box to keep larger templates seperated to avoid mix ups with patterns & avoid losing templates, cheers Balls.

G'day all

Not sure if this tip will help everyone, but a number of patterns I have made overs the years I wanted to make the same lure in a bigger & or smaller version. I make all of my templates out of plastic ice cream lids. I have a side profile, top profile & a bib profile & or use one of the bibs I punch out on my bib punch. The side profile template has the bib slot cut in, eyelet placement etc. The beauty of the plastic is if you want to slightly modify the template until you get it right it is easliy sanded.

Back to the subject, to reduce & or increase the version for bigger or smaller lures I just use a photocopier to reduce & or increase the templates by using the percentage menu until I achieve the desired size. I then glue the paper copy onto the plastic, cut it out & wullah, same lure either bigger or smaller & everything is in proportion. I haven't had any problems using this method, it has also worked with weighted lures.

Anyway I hope it helps some one out when they are trying to increase or decrease lure sizes & still end up with the same shape & action.

I also retain all of my small templates in containers with seperate compartments & use a tackle box to keep larger templates seperated to avoid mix ups with patterns & avoid losing templates, cheers Balls.

Great Tip, thanks for sharing.

John B