alsworms

Working With Flourescent Colors

I'm trying to make a bubble gum color (flourescent pink and white), but I have a miserable time working with any of Lure Craft's fluorescent colors. I know the flo. colors have to be added before heating, but I still end up getting nothing but gummed up chunks of color on the bottom of the cup/pot. I don't have this problem with MF flo. colors, but they are not a brilliant shade like Lure Craft. I spoke with Dave at Lure Craft and he told me to mix worm oil in the flo. pink. I now have it mixed with mostly ALL worm oil and very little color, and I'm still having the same problem :huh::huh:

Does anyone have any secrets they'd care to share :?: :?:

I'm fixin' to give it up!!

Chris

I have used the Lurecraft Flo. Purple and White to create Bubblegum. What I did and it worked, was to mix 4oz. of plastic with 5 drops of Flo. Purple and mix it and mix it and mix it, you get the point :wink: . Then add a drop of white and mix again. Heat the plastic and you should be good to go! Hope it works out for you. By the way thanks to everyone on this site and the other site for all of your tips. It has helped me tremendously.

Keith

I'm using M-F Flour. Pink and got it to come out REALLY hot flourecsent. But it took around 75 drops in 12oz. with three drops of M-F white to brighten it up. The fish HATE this color. They try and kill it as soon as they see it. :D

I've had zero problems with M-F's not blending. I've even forgot to add the color before heating and still got reasonable results adding the color after it was hot.

Most of Lurecrafts colors seem to be like their plastic, it separates and needs to be mixed all the time. The flouro colors that I got from Dave have to be shaken for about 10 mins to mix them well. I also throw a couple of washers in the bottle to help mix it up when shaking. That seemed to help some.

I have bad the same thing with several of Lure crafts colors. I tried to nuke it for about 15-20 seconds, then stir it and add to plastic, Still had a few pieces of color, but not as much as i did without warming up the bottle.

Flo yellow, and motor oil were the only colors that did this to me.

I will have to say "do NOT try this with minnow silver!" Unless you want to see a spark shower in your microwave!

Thanks again fellas for the lightning fast replies :)

Finger Lakes........the one thing I haven't tried is mixing like crazy before heating. Will try that today.

Bruce........I get the same results with MF color. Just thought I was doing something wrong......45 drops.....50 drops.....55 drops.....okay......anytime now :censored:

Wouldn't it be nice if Lure Craft and MF got together and came up with "middle of the road" colors :?: .....I am currently buying from both places, and I would sure like to stick to one.

Chris

I use the Lure Craft Flo. Pink and have had no problems to date, matter of tack just poured a ton of sight fishing gear last week with it and I've had the coloring probably 6-8 months and it worked just great. I did add a couple of drops to lighten it up a bit. Not sure maybe you got a bad batch of coloring.

Nathan Firebaugh

Fireball Lures

http://www.fireball-lures.com

Both are awesome colors. Maybe it's just the picture, but it looks like Del's is more red than pink? I'll bet that sucker catches fish though :D

According to Dave at Lure Craft, if we mix the flo. colors after or during heating, you will end up with chunks of color in the mix. Now I have this problem with Lure Craft coloring.....before or during heating.....doesn't matter which.

Chris

Thats funny Al I use only Lure Craft flo colors and I know I have done it before and I did it on the pink I posted the picture of I know. Cause I messed up the first go round and didn't have much time to play with it anymore so I juiced it up pretty good couldn't tell you how many drops I put in it but pretty close to 10-15 drops to 12 oz pouring pot. and I added 2-3 drops of white.

Nathan

Fireball Lures