sinyo

Anyone Has Tried Make Zonk Lure?

Zonk.jpg

my friend in Bali just bought new lure from megabass

this lure have 2 holes in their back n there is tunnel to connected those 2 holes

the seller tell my friend this holes n tunnel thing create to make a bubble when we retreive...

anyone have tried to make this with wood???

maybe u can share little bit in this threat,

thx

sinyo

Zonk.jpg

my friend in Bali just bought new lure from megabass

this lure have 2 holes in their back n there is tunnel to connected those 2 holes

the seller tell my friend this holes n tunnel thing create to make a bubble when we retreive...

anyone have tried to make this with wood???

maybe u can share little bit in this threat,

thx

sinyo

I have an old lure from 1970 something that is made of plastic that works on the same principle, the difference is that it is shaped like an old bayou boogie. It has a hole in its "face" and a hole on its back. As far as making one from wood I am sure it could be done but it would present some unique challenges like how woule you bore the hole and if you had the hole bored how would you apply the sealer and epoxy with a straight handle brush. Just my opinion but too much trouble for me for what it would actualy be worth.

A few members have messed around with this idea. I recently caught Pete (Hazmail) out with such a design, on another forum. I think Lapala also did some work on this idea. I bet Daimei has something going too. Searching will be difficult, so hopefully we will get some feedback.

Dave

I've always wondered about this as far as a lure making bubbles. It seems to me this can only work if the lure traps air before it is submerged or it is a topwater lure that is continuously trapping air as it moves across the water. The reason I was wondering is it would cool but I just don't see how it would work once the air supply from the cast is replaced with water as you retreive it back to you. Just curious I guess if anyone could explain or if I'm way off on what you guys are trying to do.

I've always wondered about this as far as a lure making bubbles. It seems to me this can only work if the lure traps air before it is submerged or it is a topwater lure that is continuously trapping air as it moves across the water. The reason I was wondering is it would cool but I just don't see how it would work once the air supply from the cast is replaced with water as you retreive it back to you. Just curious I guess if anyone could explain or if I'm way off on what you guys are trying to do.

I think it's cause by cavitation. When the water passes through the holes, it's slowed by the walls of the hole, and so it's under lower pressure than the surrounding water. This causes dissolved gases to precipitate out, forming bubbles.

At least, I know that's the reason it's important to ream copper pipes when you're running water likes. The chlorine in the water, which is dissolved and harmless to the copper piping, will precipitate out when it passes over a rough spot, and the chlorine gas will eat the copper.

A few members have messed around with this idea. I recently caught Pete (Hazmail) out with such a design, on another forum. I think Lapala also did some work on this idea. I bet Daimei has something going too. Searching will be difficult, so hopefully we will get some feedback.

Dave

Dave I think this was the post you thing of My link. I had some success with it and alot of failures also. Sorry the baits pics were deleted in this thread by mistake. I will try to dig this bait up( gave up after awhile). I think the topic was venting baits.

I think it's cause by cavitation. When the water passes through the holes, it's slowed by the walls of the hole, and so it's under lower pressure than the surrounding water. This causes dissolved gases to precipitate out, forming bubbles.

At least, I know that's the reason it's important to ream copper pipes when you're running water likes. The chlorine in the water, which is dissolved and harmless to the copper piping, will precipitate out when it passes over a rough spot, and the chlorine gas will eat the copper.

Thanks Mark,

That makes sense to me now. I just couldn't figure that out because I guess I just didn't realize that moving water would do that in an enclosed or completely submerged object.

Thanks Mark,

That makes sense to me now. I just couldn't figure that out because I guess I just didn't realize that moving water would do that in an enclosed or completely submerged object.

I think that's why bass busting shad underwater generate bubbles. Their tails whip through the shad, causing low pressure on the back side of the tail, and bubbles. Dave, A.K.A. Vodkaman, would probably know a lot more about this. Something to do with vortices.