red sox 58

Please Help With Crappie Pattern

Good question, are you speaking of the splatter back pattern. I as well would like to learn that trick. I tried it with the air brush with no luck. The only other thing I could think to try was a stiff bristle brush full of paint. Might work.

Good question, are you speaking of the splatter back pattern. I as well would like to learn that trick. I tried it with the air brush with no luck. The only other thing I could think to try was a stiff bristle brush full of paint. Might work.

No im thinking of the realistic pattern. I want to know how to make the black and green on top blend. what kind of gun do you have single action or dual? turning the air down to 9-10 psi and knocking the trigger down while pulling paint works well for my iwata.

Help me get started on a white crappie. Colors, and dots. Thanks!!!!

this what you have in mind?

base coat dark gray, scales white, then i lightly overbrush with metallic pearl white to make the scales look silvery and tone down the total effect. then do the random speckles with the tip of a small stiff brush or toothpick. next spray the back black and mist it slightly down the side a little. then spray the belly white and mist it up. to get the green i use metallic emerald green. very lightly just to give a hint of a green sheen. use a soft brush and go easy you can always add more.

IMG_1189.jpg

this what you have in mind?

base coat dark gray, scales white, then i lightly overbrush with metallic pearl white to make the scales look silvery and tone down the total effect. then do the random speckles with the tip of a small stiff brush or toothpick. next spray the back black and mist it slightly down the side a little. then spray the belly white and mist it up. to get the green i use metallic emerald green. very lightly just to give a hint of a green sheen. use a soft brush and go easy you can always add more.

IMG_1189.jpg

That sounds good. Nice baits! You are airbrushing right? My main concern is how to get the crappie speckels with an airbrush. I may try the toothpick trick.

That sounds good. Nice baits! You are airbrushing right? My main concern is how to get the crappie speckels with an airbrush. I may try the toothpick trick.

no airbrush, $2.99 brushes from Michaels. figured it was easier to change brushes then to mess with changing and cleaning tips.