Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikePaintsBaits

Drilling Holes For Lure Eyes

8 posts in this topic

Hey Guys , I just finished painting (2) Shad Raps , craw patterns, I drilled the painted eyes out & added small raised craw eyes , due to the baits being small , will drilling the holes & raised eyes effect the baits balance and/or running true? I cant test them out , Has too much snow & Lake has lots of ice cubes in it.

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

post-21826-12631040322_thumb.jpg

Yeah I really doubt that they'll by a problem. Very good idea on the eyes, makes em look so real. Did you buy those eyes special or are they just some beads?

Hey Spider , on the right side of the TU page , theres a ad for (lisa & ed's eyes and more) the eyes have a stem , after I drill my holes , I cut 1/2 of the stem off , glue them up & insert , leaving part of the stem helps anchor them.

Mike

Did you buy those eyes special or are they just some beads?

you know you could just take some push pins used for sewing and paint them black. just a little tip.

Mike,

Really nice job. Those eyes look great. I think they'll add to the "hydralic profile" of the lure as it moves through the water.

Delta Man,

That's a great idea to use the round headed pins for eyes.

I was wondering how to add eyes to a craw crank. I bet you could leave the pin sticking out a little, and get the "eye on a stalk" effect.

Cool

Mike,

Really nice job. Those eyes look great. I think they'll add to the "hydralic profile" of the lure as it moves through the water.

Delta Man,

That's a great idea to use the round headed pins for eyes.

I was wondering how to add eyes to a craw crank. I bet you could leave the pin sticking out a little, and get the "eye on a stalk" effect.

Cool

That was what i did and it worked great. I left about a half of an inch on them to make sure it really stuck in there.