RayburnGuy

Color Mixing Recipes

Does anyone know where color mixing recipes for liquid paint can be found or if any even exist? I bought a "Color Mixing Bible" from TCP, but that seems geared more to paints that are used on canvas such as oils and acrylics. I have a color wheel, but am limited in my ability to understand how to use it. For instance, how do you get a tan paint out of the basic colors of blue, red, yellow, black and white?

thanks guys,

RG

Hey Ben , check this site out. I have used this color chart , it works.

Site: (one-ring.co.uk) enter the site called (one ring)

Once ypu enter , on the left side , look for (Tomes of Wisdom) , click on the (Painting Guides) next page will read ,

Sub-categories , click on (Foundations of Miniature painting) , after it loads , drag the screen to (Mix paints from primary colors) click on it , the paint chart will load , it will say like ( 4 drops black + 5 drops blue = Midnight Blue)

Hope this is what ur looking for ...... Mike

Thanks Mike. That's exactly what I was looking for. I had searched for two days on the internet and had come up with nothing even close. Sure wasn't looking forward to taking a course in color theory just to paint some baits. I have looked at the hardbait cookbook several times DSV, and while very useful, there were colors not mentioned.

thanks again guys,

Ben

Ben, one thing you have to remember about paint recipes is that they depend on specific brands of paint, sometimes even specific "runs" of paint. It's good to know what basic colors combine to make an intermediate color but IMO, you still have to do it by eye - and drop by drop.

Thanks Bob. I've noticed that some paints are much stronger than others and may only require a drop to alter things quite a bit. I was really just looking for something to point me in the right direction and get me close to the final color. Right now I'm really trying to paint a variety of baits to see what colors and patterns my buddy likes and can't see buying a bunch of different colors that may or may not get used.

thanks again,

Ben