BassNator 1

Cmndr CoDee Crankbait

Well I got my first Dee imitation baits done! Im pretty psyched at the consistency and how they turned out. PLUS I got to thank all those on this site who helped me out... cause I couldnt have done it without this site... or you guys. THANKS TU WORLD!! :lol:

I have only 1 clear coat on it with the Devcon 2ton. MAN, is it like GLASS!! It is 10 times better than the clear coat I got from Stamina! Anyway, the two baits are a little different in their lip design. I cut the lips out of the Lexan. The first I cut as instructed by Black Jacks post, but I also made a larger squared out lip. I think it will run a little bit deeper with a WIDER WOBBLE. I wont know till the end of the week... gonna test it in the pool! I have 2 more carved and done waiting for the primer, but I also want to try a different Lip Design on each one of them and see how they run. I want a small squared lip and a deep diver. Tell me what you think of them.

P.S. Now I read the FAQ about posting pics like 10 times... AND tried it... but I cant get it! I have gotten 1 error after another and it booted me right off the internet like twice... so Im almost ready to give it up! Cody

www.members.aol.com/cdslms/CmndrCoDee

Cody,

great job on the dbaits reps!!! how'd you go about doing the scales? did you test em in the water yet?

On the clear coat: I too bought some clear coat epoxies from the lure suppliers and I gotta say DEVCON 2 Ton is the way to go!!! I still have those epoxies and they've done a great job at collecting dust.

I learnt a lot doing the scales. All I used is some aluminum foil and rubbed it over a mesh onion bag. I put pressure down on it with my finger! The most important part is that you must be very careful when super glueing this on... cause pressure will mess up the embossing. For instance I put the super glue on the foil first.... and from the small amount of pressure from that.... it left lines. I didnt do that the second time around. The second one I did went very well. The first has its issues... but its not too bad. I guess my other clear coats are gonna be collecting dust too! Cody