Brshpile

Dn

Don't just "go to the site". Click on the banner ad you see at the top of a TU page and it takes you to a special page on his site. Read the instructions and you can get some DN at a good discount available only to TU members.

I have a small problem. My email is not tied to my computer. When I click on it, it pops up an email which I cannot use. I called them so I hope to hear something back.

I have a small problem. My email is not tied to my computer. When I click on it, it pops up an email which I cannot use. I called them so I hope to hear something back.

Just copy his "to;" email address then go to your email, select "new" and paste his address in the "to:" space. (I have to do the same thing)

My orders have arrived in reasonable time but there have been occasional delays reported. Some were the result of product supply problems, now apparently resolved, and some might arise from the fact that TU orders are handled as a consideration to TU members outside of DN's normal order process. If a couple of weeks have passed without notification, I'd send Dick an email reminding him of your order. To me, a little patience seems fair in return for the generous discount but orders do occasionally fall through the crack.

Got my first free sample in yesterday. Order it last week, payed s/h on visa and had no problem. Can't wait to get in the shop and paint up some rattle baits and see how good they look. I've been a D2T man and D2T puts too thick of a clear coat on rattletraps for for me. From what I've read about d/n and from speaking to him personally over the phone this should do the trick. Thanks D/N

It took me a couple days to get a reply back to my order, and a little lag to ship as they make/weigh out each order after you pay... BUT... they sent me a quart instead of a pint as they misread my order... which they realized prior to shipping, but told me they would send me the quart for the pint price anyway!!!! VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER....

J.

Is it available to order? I went to the site but just see the paints....

As far as I know it is. Ask him, send a message DN is a member of TU. I guess you are refering back to the top coat post you and I were posting on. I like it better for the jointed swim baits as it does not chip, nor fade over time and is resitant to all the crap (wd40, scents, gas and oil) that gets on well used fishing equipment.

Some people reported problems storing it. I bought only what I will use, comes in a can. I put what I am using in a good air tight screw lid jar, one with a molded synthetic gasket. I do drain back off the heavy coated baits when I dip non jointed or when I heavy coat with a brush jointed baits. I consider the jar contaminated so only put what I need into it. The remainder in the can is stored upside down.

After closing the jar I store it upside down too as this will seal any vapor going past the gasket. But it does take two rubber strap wrenches to open when you store this way. I have had no problems with it drying out in the containers doing this.

Edited by Piscivorous Pike

Guys, I've tried several schemes for storing DN and the only thing that has worked for me to keep it from curing in storage is Bloxygen aerosol finish preserver. Maybe guys who brush or spray DN have an easier time of it, but I dip. The Bloxygen is an added expense but gives me peace of mind that I won't end up wasting half my DN.

Bob: Thanks for all the great information on DN (and other subjects as well). My Bloxygen just arrived from Woodcraft and can't wait to start using the DN again.

Why aren't you fishing on this 70F day in Carolina?

I'm waiting for Wednesday, forecast for cloudy, 57 degrees with a rain front arriving towards evening! Break out the jigging spoons! Of course the weatherman has lied to me more than once :angry:

Help a rookie out. What is Bloxygen. Thanks

Bloxygen is Argon gas that comes in a spray can. Argon is a dry gas that is heavier than oxygen. Dick Nites top coat is a moisture cure urethane and the moisture that is in the air that we breathe will start the curing process in DN. The Bloxygen, being heavier than air, will settle on top of the DN and create a barrier between the moisture filled air and the top coat thus preventing the start of the curing process. Hope that makes sense.

Ben

Bloxygen is Argon gas that comes in a spray can. Argon is a dry gas that is heavier than oxygen. Dick Nites top coat is a moisture cure urethane and the moisture that is in the air that we breathe will start the curing process in DN. The Bloxygen, being heavier than air, will settle on top of the DN and create a barrier between the moisture filled air and the top coat thus preventing the start of the curing process. Hope that makes sense.

Ben

Thanks I will try to find some. I used the DN top coat the other night and like it a lot.

Yep, what Ben said! DN will begin to cure in the storage container, typically when the level gets down to about half and the void space fills with moisture laden air. Whatever scheme you come up with to preserve DN, the aim is to minimize the volume of air that contacts the DN during storage. Some guys who brush DN decant theirs into small jars that are tightly sealed. I can't do that because I dip baits and need a larger jar, so I use Bloxygen to displace the air in the storage container. There are several "aerosol finish preservers" that may work as well as Bloxygen, but that is the brand I tried and it works. The worst case scenario for DN storage is to keep it in the original can, opening and closing the lid as needed. The metal seal eventually deforms and leaks air, beginning the cure process - which will happen any way when the level gets down to around half. You have to take precautions to make it last but it's a really nice finish and IMO worth the trouble.

Hey Guys!

I would like to apologize for the delays some of you have been experiencing when ordering Top-Coat or samples.

After the supplier fiasco, we were backloaded to the max and catching up has been difficult at best!

Our processes are coming together again, now that we do not have the backlog to deal with, and you should see pretty prompt response to orders.

As always, I welcome you to call or email if you have questions or think maybe we did not get your email. Generally, I will have a response out to you within 2 days of receiving your order or question - if you don't hear back from me, feel free to rattle my chain!

My toll-free number is 888-321-LURE (888-321-5873). We are a small shop, so if I don't answer, it probably means I am out running around like a head with my chicken cut off! Leave a message or try back.

Thanks for your patience and business - I really appreciate all of you. As a matter of fact, I have started referring people here to TU when they call with questions - I tell them that getting information from hundreds of users is better than getting it from one. You guys have tried more ways to use our product than any testing lab could do!

Dick