Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
apharing

Details

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, im pretty new on here, but i have been reading the forums for a while. I am working on my first swimbait right now, i have done a few crankbaits and poppers. I was wondering how you guys carve the details (gills, eyes, ect). Any help is apreciated. thanks

I give the the wood to my pet monkey and he does all the work for me.. I would ask him but he doesnt talk much.

Ok ok.. just having fun... I use my finger nails for most of my detail gill marks.

I press the flat end of a Dremel cylinder cutting bit into the wood to make eye recesses. Don't usually carve gills but have a set of woodcarving knives if the mood hits. You can also carve with various Dremel (and other brand) high speed steel or tungsten bits. I just can't see giving a power tool to my monkey to play with.

I press the flat end of a Dremel cylinder cutting bit into the wood to make eye recesses. Don't usually carve gills but have a set of woodcarving knives if the mood hits. You can also carve with various Dremel (and other brand) high speed steel or tungsten bits. I just can't see giving a power tool to my monkey to play with.

LOL!!! GOOD ONE BOB! IM ON THE FLOOR!

Edited by The_Rookie

Hi guys, im pretty new on here, but i have been reading the forums for a while. I am working on my first swimbait right now, i have done a few crankbaits and poppers. I was wondering how you guys carve the details (gills, eyes, ect). Any help is apreciated. thanks

There is actually a tutorial on here about carving gills. It is in the.......tutorial section!*

*Monkeys not included