jrhopkins

Trying Some New Fins

been playing around with making my fins out of silicone. lots of R&D in this project. taking it out tomorrow to see how it swims. tests ok in the bathtub :D . will see how it does on a long retrieve.

i'll get some pictures of the process to make them and post them if it works out ok. if not, more R&D :?

IMG_1268.jpg

John I was playing around with this when I dabbled in 'swim baits' and had them down to about 1/16" thick - although I never had a fish chomp on the tail, it turned out to be pretty durable. There are silicone's and silicone's though, and I was just lucky to pick what I think was a really stretchy tough one at the time, plus I reinforced it a bit, as you appear to have.Pete

swim tested it today and i am really pleased with the action. the fins don't seem to effect it at all.

here's the video ( not real good as i was trying to do everything without falling off the dock :D

hope this is ok to post. making another mold and taking pics as i go to make a tutorial which i'll post when ready.

th_MVI_1296.jpg

th_MVI_1295.jpg

you mean to tell me you went through all the work of finishing that bait before swim testing it??

of course, got to find some way to pass the time here at the home :D:D !

actually tested it first before adding the fins and it swam good. wanted to see if the fins would effect the action ( don't seem to make much difference ).the tail was my biggest concern as it might have hindered the movement and i made it removable so i could just use the fibetts i have previously used. they work good. i was just experimenting with a different look.