silverdoctor

Glitter

DN is a pretty thin coating so how it will do mixed with glitter is a ?? Probably depends on the flake size. I use the hobby glitter that comes suspended in clear acrylic medium, in 2 oz bottles. Thin it a little with water and apply it with a soft brush. That allows you to put glitter exactly where you want it, in the density you want - and nowhere else. The 2 oz bottles of glitter are cheap and come in a wide variety of colors.

When I use glitter I mix it in Etex and then apply it to the lure. The Etex has a long enough working time that I can move the glitter around so I don't end up with clumps of glitter in any one place. After letting the Etex cure I then come back and put on a top coat of D2T or DN. The extra coat also insures the glitter is fully coated so as not to leave glitter edges poking out above the clear coat.

Ben

Using DN with glitter is just not as easy or effective as with D2T.

I've used both a lot. D2T will absorb the glitter and leave a smooth surface with glitter in it.

With DN you can mix the glitter like the suggestion above.

If you want to just do one area with glitter you have to put on a coat of DN sprinlke the glitter where you want it then let dry. Then you have to put several coats of DN over it to try to get it more like with D2T.

I've had to use as many as 5 coats to make it like I wanted.

That's why I use D2T on some baits and DN on others. They both have their advantages.

A newby here, great info on this site. Can you spray glitter thru air brush ? Thanks

Depends on the glitter flake size and the tip size of your airbrush. But Yes, I spray certain glitters. You can also buy spray glitter in a spray can at many hobby stores.

But the BEST effects I have had with glitter are by using Etex or D2T, especially D2T. The biggest advantage is the glitter does not end up oriented in a single flat plane on the bait. It is so much more effective, that if I need a lot of glitter POP then I will use D2T and then respray the final top coat with a 2 part urethane.

Sexy shad and a few others I just spray the glitter via my airbrush as it is only a hint of glitter.