Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
perchbustersd

Powder paint airbrush

8 posts in this topic

Just got a new powder paint airbrush and trying it. If you run a shop vac in the back of a box like they say, yiu waste alot of paint. No vac and the overspray gets on the back of the lure too. Any help would be great

I bought two of them. I thought it was going to be the "cats meow". Wrong! I played with it for a while, and the boxed it up and put it on the shelf. I haven't found anything that beats the heat and dip method.

Tally

Same here, i thought it would really improve my two tone jobs but i am not impressed so far for 100.00. I have been two toning with airbrush paint but thought it would be nice to just do it all in powder.

What are you painting? Two toning is not that difficult with powder, you just have to be creative on how you do it. If you need help let me know. I might not do it the best way, but it sure does work and with very little waste.

Tally

post your e-mail and I will try to put together a tutorial. It may take me a little bit to put it together (with pictures) but it will be very detailed. If jigs is what you are painting, this should be a breeze.

Tally-

One of the easiest ways to two tone with powder paint is to use a 35mm film canister as a sprinkler. Check out how in the "Powder Paint" tutorial. I have a shaker for every one of my colors.