ROWINGADUBAY

Prop. Is Stinking Up The House Any Alternitives?

I am making wood lures and can't use propinate in my basement. What is an over the counter product that will act as prop without the fumes this would have to be compatable with using dilluted devcon with acetone for a clear I would use this product and then paint a white base coat over it then my pattern so if I get enough paint coverage compatability should not be a huge issue.

I was thinking the waterborne polyeurathane that you can get anywhere might be a place to start but I don't have any expierence with this stuff I was also thinking of a dip in regular laquer might work

Or maybe there is a different type of paint thinner I could use for dissolving the prop that doesnt stink up the whole house.

If fumes are a problem for you, DON'T try nitrocellulous lacquer. Those fumes are a nightmare.

I'm not sure water borne urethane will penetrate enough to act as a sealer, but it's worth a try.

Remember, solvent fumes and pilot lights don't mix, so be sure to have some kind of exhaust fan if you've got a water heater or furnace down there in the basement with you.

Minwax Wood Hardener is low in smell. I'd give it a try, if I were you.

Or an epoxy thinned with alcohol.