ROWINGADUBAY

Unpainted Knock-off Musky Lures

I see guys on E-bay selling copies of the manta jerk bait as a sea calf or cow I was wondering if any one knows if they are avaiable unpainted from anywhere?

I would also like to know if anyone knows where to get any other knock off musky baits. besides the ones from hagens and barlows there has to be more out there I wouldn't mind getting some reef hawg knock offs called the sledge?

I feel there should be alot more of them out there I did a couple of searches and came up pretty empty on un painted musky baits.

Thanks for your help

George

I see guys on E-bay selling copies of the manta jerk bait as a sea calf or cow I was wondering if any one knows if they are avaiable unpainted from anywhere?

I would also like to know if anyone knows where to get any other knock off musky baits. besides the ones from hagens and barlows there has to be more out there I wouldn't mind getting some reef hawg knock offs called the sledge?

I feel there should be alot more of them out there I did a couple of searches and came up pretty empty on un painted musky baits.

Thanks for your help

George

Try www.muskyshop.com or www.thornebros.com

Hi-Saw this and thought I would comment on the Sea Cow and Sea Calf.

First, yes, I do have unpainted blanks of a lot of my lures. Sea Cow, Sea Calf, Super Cisco, Dingo and Mag Shads. Lot of guys like to paint them or have a winter project with their kids. email me at james@tackleindustries.com and I am happy to take care of you.

As for knock offs....if you hold mine next to a Manta you will soon see they are not the same lures and they better be. The Manta has a design patent on it. If you run them you will also see they are not the same lures too. As for cheap, mine are less expensive but they are made overseas so of course I am not going to charge over $20 for them. As for durability, it took a full sized cinder block to break my prototypes. I can also pound a nail into a board with my lures. Nail-lure-hammer. That is one of the ways I test my lures prior to giving approval for my designs to go into production. Of course they have to work great too ;)

As long as I am at it I will give you the story on how the Sea Cow came about. A few years ago the Manta became very hard to get. Soon after that I had heard Paul Peck was not going to make them anymore. I called and emailed many times as many other did too so we could buy the Manta brand and company. I like many others never got any replies from Paul. After talking with some of his friends and associates, I found out that he was only making some and most of those were going on eBay for $50+ and that he was never going to sell the Manta and he was only going to make a few hundred a year and stop servicing retailers. Well, I figured I would change the design, put my own thoughts into the lure and make a 10" and 8" Sea Cow and Sea Calf. As I came out with the lures the new owner (Paul #2) bought the Manta and started it up again. Kind of hard to back out once 10,000 lures are in production.

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

James

I'm seeing a common thread here in these posts. That is "new users" who seem to have posted only in this thread, but nowhere else on the site, solely to promote their products.

If you are a seller of these types of blanks, please don't use forum threads to promote your products.

If you have products that you'd like to promote on TU, please sign up for a monthly agreement to advertise.

If you don't want to spend money to promote your products, you can add a free listing for your website here: https://www.tackleunderground.com/website-links/

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

• Like 2