Bro Daniel

Simple Scrounger Jighead Making

Well I found the previous thread about making Scrounger-type jig heads and thought I could make some myself. Since I pour my own jig heads in several molds, I got some clear vinyl plastic freezer door drape (hard to describe but you get the idea) for the blades. Found a nice pattern in the back of the new Lure Parts Online catalog and cut the blades out with scissors. Drilled a small hole in the middle and put the jig head through. I found that the hole must be smaller than the jig head shaft or this will not work. Mixed up some epoxy and secured the blades on the jigs.

In less than an hour, I have made 12 in various sizes ready for fishing. Best part besides saving a ton of money and actually finding these jigs, you can customize the blades to the action you want. I made some with big jigs for the 8" super fluke and a bunch of small ones for smaller sizes.

Just thought it might help some folks with finding a rare bait.

Fishing for Him,

Bro. Daniel

Well I found the previous thread about making Scrounger-type jig heads and thought I could make some myself. Since I pour my own jig heads in several molds, I got some clear vinyl plastic freezer door drape (hard to describe but you get the idea) for the blades. Found a nice pattern in the back of the new Lure Parts Online catalog and cut the blades out with scissors. Drilled a small hole in the middle and put the jig head through. I found that the hole must be smaller than the jig head shaft or this will not work. Mixed up some epoxy and secured the blades on the jigs.

In less than an hour, I have made 12 in various sizes ready for fishing. Best part besides saving a ton of money and actually finding these jigs, you can customize the blades to the action you want. I made some with big jigs for the 8" super fluke and a bunch of small ones for smaller sizes.

Just thought it might help some folks with finding a rare bait.

Fishing for Him,

Bro. Daniel

Well done Bro. D Great ingenuity on your part! Please post a pic if you can. Take care

You can get some from any warehouse that has a freezer. Check out if there is a refrigerated grocery company close and they might be able to get you some. i have found that the material comes in several thicknesses and Aaron Marten's is thinner than the one i have.

Hope it helps.

God Bless.

You don't get many out of each one, but I made some out of those clear suction cups that went to some christmas ornaments (made to hang in a window), just DON'T tell my wife that's where they went to!!! laugh.gif

I am sorry dont mean to bug but do you have any pics so i can see what they look like thank's