Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cz75b

Vinyl Lure Paint Bottle Mishap

4 posts in this topic

Long story short, had a 4-ounce bottle of white primer about a year old. Always had trouble with the lid. Two nights ago the lid was stuck and the paint looked thick. Tried to open and as I was twisting the lid with my right hand, holding jar in left, the jar collapsed and broke like an egg in my left hand leaving me with a gooey mess and a couple of puncture wounds that had me bleeding like a stuck pig. Grease those threads or find a better bottle. I was lucky, a little pressure and a bandaid and I'm fine. Could have been much worse.

Glad it wasn't worse.

That's the reason solid glass door knobs, and unreinforced porcelin handles on plumbing fixtures stopped being manufactured.

Nothing cuts deeper, or quicker, than broken glass.

Long story short, had a 4-ounce bottle of white primer about a year old. Always had trouble with the lid. Two nights ago the lid was stuck and the paint looked thick. Tried to open and as I was twisting the lid with my right hand, holding jar in left, the jar collapsed and broke like an egg in my left hand leaving me with a gooey mess and a couple of puncture wounds that had me bleeding like a stuck pig. Grease those threads or find a better bottle. I was lucky, a little pressure and a bandaid and I'm fine. Could have been much worse.

Next time tip the jar upside down. Drizzle some thinner around the lid. Let it sit a couple of minutes and it will spin right off. :D

Next time tip the jar upside down. Drizzle some thinner around the lid. Let it sit a couple of minutes and it will spin right off. :D

That's a great tip!