SCbryan

1991 Starcraft Rebuild.

1991 Starcraft Rebuild. The floors were rotted so I gutted the interior. After new: plywood floor, carpet, wiring, painting interior, seats, trailer tires and lights, etc. The motor runs like new after a carb seal kit and good flushing out. I gave $300 for the boat and put about $700 into it after that bringing my total investment to $1000. This is my first post. Hope it inspires someone else to bring an old boat back to life.

Boat 018.jpg

Boat 039.jpg

Boat 042.jpg

Boat 059.jpg

Boat 018.jpg

Boat 039.jpg

Boat 042.jpg

Boat 059.jpg

Boat 018.jpg

Boat 039.jpg

Boat 042.jpg

Boat 059.jpg

Boat 018.jpg

Boat 039.jpg

Boat 042.jpg

Boat 059.jpg

Boat 018.jpg

Boat 039.jpg

Boat 042.jpg

Boat 059.jpg

Boat 018.jpg

Boat 039.jpg

Boat 042.jpg

Boat 059.jpg

Boat 018.jpg

Boat 039.jpg

Boat 042.jpg

Boat 059.jpg

Boat 018.jpg

Boat 039.jpg

Boat 042.jpg

Boat 059.jpg

post-21500-126513350607_thumb.jpg

post-21500-126513357628_thumb.jpg

post-21500-126513360456_thumb.jpg

post-21500-126513389937_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A friend of mine just rplaced a casting deck in his lund and a guy at the local boat repair supplier said that most boat manufacturers dont use marine plywood and that they use regular plywood coated with epoxy he took it a step further and put a layer of fiberglass on it I currently have a 99 starcraft and I try to take care of it but cannot store it inside a garage so I am sure I will have to do the same thing in a couple of years.

I think the boat looks great great job!!

A friend of mine just rplaced a casting deck in his lund and a guy at the local boat repair supplier said that most boat manufacturers dont use marine plywood and that they use regular plywood coated with epoxy he took it a step further and put a layer of fiberglass on it I currently have a 99 starcraft and I try to take care of it but cannot store it inside a garage so I am sure I will have to do the same thing in a couple of years.

I think the boat looks great great job!!

act

agreed! rare to find a boat made with real marine grade plywood. I would recomend real marine grade plywood(not green treated), seal with "

McCloskey MAN O' WAR Marine Spar Varnish"

probably atleast three coats each side and ends. completely sealing the piece, then rhino lined spray polyurea truck bead liner. it is at this point acid resistant, sun and waterproof! your regular retail floor will likely rot soft in less than 10years if stored outside. this floor will last. ive done it in most of my boats. only two down sides is it is hot in sun, and slipery when wet. you can add an extra step to texturize the floor before spraying the rhino liner. either run shallow slats with a router or add something like gravel to the mix for more aggressive texture. this floor would likely run you up to $300-$500 or more depending on the size boat. but it would stand up to daily comercial use over years!

• Like 1