red ranger

Having Trouble With Createx

im inexperienced with createx but i do paint hollow belly swim baits with the paint lure craft with out any problem. no matter what i do the paint is splatering i have a paasche vl0907daul action . i cleaned all parts all parts in good working order. tryed using the paint stright, thin with water not much looked like milk. a wide range of air pressure 50 psi seems to splater the least. paint dosent splater as bad on paper as it dose on a hard bait. painting scales with netting isnt to bad but fine lines suck . i al lso tryed moving my hand at diferent speeds a fast movement no splater but i dont think you can paint detail a the speed i was moving the brush at least i cant . HELPPPPPPPPP me please.

i had a similar problem when i first started painting crankbaits and found that when it came to small detailed lines i got a better coverage when i cut the pressure back to 10 psi or even lower. might sound crazy but if ur trying to get thin lines then you obviously need to get the brush close to the bait. when the pressure is too high it ends up pushing the paint. so try cutting the pressure down.

unless of course (i just realized i might have misunderstood) you mean its splattering like a splatter back crank. then unfortunately i dont have any advice. sorry.

I had this same problem when using my Paasche VL siphon feed. When I turned the pressure up high enough so it would siphon from the bottle I had trouble with spattering. My solution was to go to a gravity feed brush and turn the pressure down to 10 pounds or so. I know there are a lot of people out there that can draw fine lines with a siphon feed brush, but they are much more talented than me. I took the easy way out.

thanks for all of the advice. i got a little better tonight with the cup it still wants to push the paint some ,so i used a toothpick for lines and making firetigger lines worked great. i all so used a 3/16 wood dowl for kill spots. has any one tryed using a sharpie

Take a look at this site red ranger.

http://www.jacquardp...oducts/pearlex/

This is a great site! I have learned a ton just reading all the topics! No I am not going to ask questions that have been answered a 100 times already! I am new to this hard bait painting scene I hope in a couple of years I can have baits I could take pictures of and post on this site! You guys are good that is for sure! I hae been pouring and powder painting all types of jigs for a year and I am now going to try this. thanks for all the posts. I see I bought the wrong paint already as it looks like most here use Createx I bought CS Coatings paint....Oh well wish me luck with it.