deadeyejr

Brushes In Bulk

hello to all, very new to repainting lures but have one simple question. I have only finished about 5 lures to this day and I use the DV2 epoxy that everyone uses. My question is what kind and where can you get the best throw away brushes for the epoxy? maybe in bulk order as well! any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks, Carl

Also I admire all workmanship here and hope to be able to repaint lures the way yall gurus can one day!!!!!!!!!!!

@ deadeyejr

Though I am located in Germany I know that you have got something like our local "1 Euro Shops" over there in America as well , only called a "Dollarshop" !

I was once lucky to find very fine disposable brushes there , plastic bristles and handles , perfect for applying epoxy .

These were a two dozen blister pack at 1 € , bought out almost the entire stock of that shop !

Such shops don't always stock same items over a longer period of time , one needs to be very lucky for an occassion like that , ...before I used to buy my brushes in another shop chain selling household items , cosmetics , paper stuff , etc . ,......... 3 plastic brushes at 99 €cent , but just these plastic ones got taken out of stock there .

You might as well ceck rod building suppliers , but these won't be as cheap , I think .

I believe to have also seen them at My link , other component suppliers may stock them as well .

good luck , diemai :yay:

I have tried the Harbor freight acid brushes and was not happy. The bristles always fall out while applying epoxy. They work, but you need to keep picking out the bristles or remember to pull all loose ones out before you start. I bought some at Menards for about 19 cents (I think) and they worked really well.

CheapTrix

I have tried the Harbor freight acid brushes and was not happy. The bristles always fall out while applying epoxy. They work, but you need to keep picking out the bristles or remember to pull all loose ones out before you start. I bought some at Menards for about 19 cents (I think) and they worked really well.

CheapTrix

same here. the acid brushes from harbor freight were not very good. bristles came out too often. i use the Oatey acid brushes from Home Depot. they cost more but rather spend a little more than to ruin a finish with an unnoticed hair! i store them in a jar with acetone and keeps them usable for many uses. just change out the acetone when it starts to get cloudy.