Firechief

Chrme Paint

I was wondering if anyone has tried a chrome paint called "Ultimate Chrome" by Spaatz

As with many other chrome paints, the Devcon and others makes the chrome dull when applied and the only solution is to foil the bait.

There must be a way to paint chrome and still have the shine after the top coat,,,,,,,,, maybe I could shoot a clear coat on before I put the Devcon on

Any thoughts on the subject may save me some money

Chief,

Alsa Mirra Chrome, at $70 for 4 ounces, is the only chrome paint I've seen mentioned on TU that got any "OK" recommendation. Bottom line for me is - foiling is just as easy and a whole lot cheaper if you want a durable chrome crankbait.

If you try a chrome, suggest you use the topcoat recommended by the manufacturer before you topcoat it with something more durable.

Edited by BobP

I was wondering if anyone has tried a chrome paint called "Ultimate Chrome" by Spaatz

As with many other chrome paints, the Devcon and others makes the chrome dull when applied and the only solution is to foil the bait.

There must be a way to paint chrome and still have the shine after the top coat,,,,,,,,, maybe I could shoot a clear coat on before I put the Devcon on

Any thoughts on the subject may save me some money

There is another way to get that highly reflective shine. FIRST, get the finest glitter you can find. I use .008 but if you find finer than that, give me a heads up, please. I use the Lurecraft stuff. 4 oz will last for a long time

Spray the lure with adhesive and then pour the glitter over the lure, catching the excess on a piece of paper. Gentley shake off the excess and after the adhesive sets, tap the lure to get any remaining excess off and spray it with clear Rustoleum. Now you'll have a nice glossy base to paint on.

I had some done at an ornimental place . All i had to do was prime the blank and the did the rest they turned out like mirrors. If i remeber correctly they only charged me 75 cents each for a 8 inch musky size crankbaits

What do you mean by ornamental place? At 75 cents if you got a mirror finish you just hit the mother load and everyone is gonna want to know what you mean exactly. Pics would be awesome also. Sorry to get so excited.

I will have to dig up the name of the place its in Romulas , MI. Another lure maker here turned me on to them. What they did was coated the lures with some kind of nickle solution and then chromed them. This was about 5 years ago and they required me to do at least 300 at a time. When i get a chance ill take some pics and post them.