thanks for the kind words. will try to answer your questions. but take note that my materials are bought mainly from the UK where i was living...
1. a firm silicon rubber - RTV101http://www.tiranti.c...Subdivision=173
2. smoothon's foam-it 15 or us composites' 16lb foam. have also used another brand which i can't remember the name of.
3. depends on which lures in my gallery you're referring to. assuming its the foil you're looking at- its insulation foil from the hardware store, no particular brand. have also tried kitchen aluminium foil with spray adhesive, but i much prefer the insulation foil.
4. i use rattle cans then pentel gel ink pens(& saliva) to get more detail and highlights.http://www.pentel.co...&id=3869&did=5.
depending on the colour scheme, sometimes i need to clearcoat over paint, then paint on another colour(s). i find this allows me to contol the colours better and to do detail work with thinner/solvent and a cotton bud, or tooth pick, as the clear protects the colour below.
5. mostly devcon 2t, sometimes etex. brushed.
so far i've made about 30 odd lures from 1 mould and it's still ok
hope this helps!
WOW, those fish look great! So help a guy out a little. You first carve a detailed bait, " A Master" The you use the master to make a mold and then remove the master from the mold. Then you pour in some product and let it sit and cure. Then remove it and wrap it with? and then you add some paint. Some of the questions I have are the following if you don't mind.
1. What mold material and brand?
2. What cast material and brand?
3. What do you wrap with and what brand?
4. What kind of paints over the wrap and brand?
5. And last thing, what kind of clear coat and brand, sprayed or brushed?
I would love to try and make one of my baits with your process and see what I could come up with. How many baits can you make from one mold?
Sorry about all the questions, but it looks like you have figured some methods out that look GREAT!
Edited by kahawai, 18 March 2010 - 01:16 PM.