bassinhomer

Crankbait Machines?

Thinking about getting some sort of computer operated wood cutting machine sometime down the road. I know they have something capable of this but I don't know what it's called laugh.gif Anyways looking for something that can produce original 3d crankbait bodies at a pretty good clip, can anyone help me out here? Just wondering where and what I need to be looking for thankx.

I saw some of the Duplicator threads and that isn't exactly what I was talking about, I think I found a machine that will do what I need it to, it is called the CarveWright and I know that it has the capabilities I just don't know if it has the software available to desing my own 3D lure bodies, now granted with this machine I would have to do the lures in halves and glue them togther but that has its advantages in that with the with the machine I could acurately produce the holes for the hook eyes as well as hollow the bait out for the addition of wieghts/rattles, I'm waiting on the software dept of that company to get back in touch with me right now.wink.gif

I believe you are talking about the $1800 machine that Sears and Woodcraft sell. Just thinking outloud here, I suspect they may be tempermental and subject to breakdown(??). To get started, maybe you could find someone willing to make your blanks with a duplicator; this is probably the machine you will ultimately need for serious production of 3D baits.

ken

I believe you are talking about the $1800 machine that Sears and Woodcraft sell. Just thinking outloud here, I suspect they may be tempermental and subject to breakdown(??). To get started, maybe you could find someone willing to make your blanks with a duplicator; this is probably the machine you will ultimately need for serious production of 3D baits.

ken

Hi fellow TUer's,

There are a vast array of macines that can be used. Manual duplicators like the one Terrco make work but are very slow. CNC routers also work if you can afford one. The Carve Wright machine also maketed by craftsman have had alot of issues according to most of the reviews we have read. If I had alot of money I would buy a five axis cnc router. This would allow cutting flat and round stock. Look through the old posts there are some pretty cool home made duplicators.

Vanndalizer