crankbait0777

Propionate As Sealer

http://www.texaswoodcarvers.com/Tool_Catalog/Adhesives.htm#Epoxy%20Glue

Above is where I get Devcon Two Ton epoxy. As for propionate pellets, the only source I know is Palmetto Balsa, a TU member. Swede, a European TU member, has also sold it.

Balsa - if it gets soft, that indicates you need to reinforce the surface of the wood before finishing it. I usually coat mine in two coats of Devcon Two Ton that has been thinned with lacquer thinner. Alternatively, you can use multiple dips in prop dissolved n acetone (I do 7-10).

http://www.texaswood...tm#Epoxy%20Glue

Above is where I get Devcon Two Ton epoxy. As for propionate pellets, the only source I know is Palmetto Balsa, a TU member. Swede, a European TU member, has also sold it.

Balsa - if it gets soft, that indicates you need to reinforce the surface of the wood before finishing it. I usually coat mine in two coats of Devcon Two Ton that has been thinned with lacquer thinner. Alternatively, you can use multiple dips in prop dissolved n acetone (I do 7-10).

Thanks for the link. Ishould get the 30 min. right? All I can find here is 5 min devcon will that work the same.. Does loctite professional grade thin the same way.

Thanks for the info..

Edited by crankbait0777

Yes, the "30 Minute" Two Ton (aka D2T) is the only Devcon suitable for topcoating. The 5 Minute Devcon will not work - it cures too quickly to brush on a lure, will not level out well, and it yellows quickly. Loctite Corp recently bought Devcon, which is why you may find Loctite products in places that used to sell Devcon, like Walmart. Whether there is a Loctite epoxy that would work as well as D2T, I don't know. There are options like Envirotex Lite (aka ETEX), Nu-Lustre 55, Flexcoat, etc that are favored by some builders.

Crankbait,

If you need some Propionate, just click on my name (up and to the left) and send me a message. If you need some information about prices, I have an old ad in the Classifieds section of TU with that. If you know how much you would like, and have a paypal account then include your email address in your message to me.

David

Loctite Corp recently bought Devcon, which is why you may find Loctite products in places that used to sell Devcon, like Walmart. Whether there is a Loctite epoxy that would work as well as D2T, I don't know.

I could not find any information about this. http://www.loctite.com/press/press-releases-2010.htm Do you know where I can read about this?

Thank You,

Plug