buggs man

Soft Bodied Frog Paint

10 posts in this topic

Guys,

I am looking for a paint to use on soft bodied frogs (snagproof, SPRO,deps) I have tried several Createx,parma,spazstix maybe I am not doing it right or am I ? any help will be appreciated.

I have never done this but have wondered the same thing. You may want to try heating the bait.( don't melt a hole in the bait.). Also try the paint mentioned above. Let us know what you find out

Finally figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, you sure did! That's one sweet looking frog!

Care to enlighten us??

Its a secret!!!!!!! I cleaned the bait with laquer thinner and again with isopropyl alcohol primed it with Fascolor Lexan paint with an added UV hardner and it was on from there. I actually made a few cast in the snow with it and even the abrasion from frozen snowdidnt wear the paint off. By the way I cured the paint under a UV for 30 minutes first

Its a secret!!!!!!! I cleaned the bait with laquer thinner and again with isopropyl alcohol primed it with Fascolor Lexan paint with an added UV hardner and it was on from there. I actually made a few cast in the snow with it and even the abrasion from frozen snowdidnt wear the paint off. By the way I cured the paint under a UV for 30 minutes first

I have been thinking about what to use for soft frog bodies for awhile. I have someone now who wants me to paint them a frog. I used to paint R/C bodies and was considering Faskolor paints since they are for polycarbonate and the paint will remain flexible and resistant to cracking. But wasn't sure how to protect to the paint from the water.

So is the UV hardner that you added protecting the paint?

Thanks for sharing that. I would think the bass would break right through the ice for that one!

Parma Fascolor paints for Lexan are one and the same as Createx Airbrush Colors...it's all about the marketing. As I've used both for several years on every bait I paint, I always assumed it was so, and it was recently confirmed by my good friend David Sullivan who made a call to either Createx or Parma, and confimed that they are indeed the same paint.

I'm resurrecting an old one. Ok im a noob to painting, can someone enlighten me on what uv hardener is, and is it being mixed with the base coat in this situation? Thanks guys!