GT hunter

Gill Plates Metal

Hi guys,

For a separate project, I am wondering what is the thinnest or easiest to work with sheet metal that is easily available for making into jet head type gills plates to be formed and glued to the sides of my muskie lure's head. The outside of the metal gill plate will be smacked up with plastic wood and shaped to look like a fish's head. I just wanted to add this feature to my muskie lure. Also, if the metal is noncorrosive, it helps. Oh, and the metal funnel will be mildly protected by the overhanging metal diving plate from any fish that grabs the head. Those that muskie fish know the crushing power of a musky's mouth. Thanks to all in advance!

A very thin, easy to work, non-corroding metal is soda (aka pop) cans. You can cut the aluminum easily with regular scissors. The sides are very thin, the bottom and top somewhat thicker.

OMG, I feel dumb now. That is absolutely brilliant! I think I need more shut eye before I try any more designing.