crash08

Sexy Shad Blues

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this may be a gaurded secret, but I was wondering if anyone had a combination of colors for the blue in a sexy shad color. I am using createx paints and can not get it just right. It is like it is some blue/grey combo. Thanks

Crash

Hey guys, this may be a gaurded secret, but I was wondering if anyone had a combination of colors for the blue in a sexy shad color. I am using createx paints and can not get it just right. It is like it is some blue/grey combo. Thanks

Crash

I use a combo of createx pearl blue,white and transparent brown

There are lots of variations in Sexy Shad, even among Strike King patterns. The original had gray, chartreuse, and blue painted separately. Shoot a light gray scale back. Shoot the chartreuse lines below the gray. Add the blue back so it doesn't touch the chartreuse. When you mix yellow and blue, you get green. The gray acts as a buffer to prevent that. In Createx colors, If you want to modify the blue, I'd start with Caribbean Blue and add either a very light gray or white paint to suit.

Crash