Kris

Threadfin Shad Blue Mix

I think Danderson is right about playing. I was never happy with shad shades until I tried layering transparent colors - mixing a single color never seems to come out right because the live baitfish have complicated pigment layers in their skin which have a depth to them. In Createx, shading a pearl white base lightly with transparent Caribbean Blue is a start, then overshading that with a lighter pearl color like Smith Wildlife pearl silver. That's what I do with the colors and brands I currently have in the box. You can play with other brands and transparent colors to get a similar effect

I can tell you a very cool way to get the color you want. Look up Ben Franklin crafts. Type in Pearl Ex in the search. I like to use Createx pearl white cut very thin and add in the interference blue and interference violet powder. I stumbled on the powder a couple years ago. It takes some trial and error to get the powder mix right to shoot in an airbrush. I found that using one of the cheapo 10 dollar airbrushes I can get a better coverage because I can really ramp up the air pressure. I try not to use it in my Paasch brush, however you can shoot it just make sure to clean the brush well. The best way I have found is to shoot WD-40 through my brush.