charkins

cotton candy sinkos a success

Just wanted to tell the success of my latest soft plastic and give the formula in case anyone is interested. I bought a Lurecraft Senko nockoff mold and used their 502 plastic. The formula below produced 25 bass between 2 and 5 pounds in one afternoon. Pretty good fishing for an old man. I give all of the credit to the bait. :)

2 oz. Lurecraft Plastisol 502

2 drops red color

8 drops white color

dropperful of heat stabilizer

1/2 oz of fine salt

1/4 teaspoonful of silver glitter

Nice color Mercury.

I can get close to that effect with a touch of red or TONS of MF Flo. Pink, but the guy who ordered from me wanted a brilliant bumble gum; kind of an "eye shattering" BRIGHT pink, instead of a fleshy pink. Well I say "pink is pink"......if they eat bubble gum, they'll tear up flesh pink too. :lol:

Fireball.......

you can't get much brighter than that :D

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I made some close to that, but I used WAY too much color. Just wasn't worth it to me. Now if I could use Lure Craft's I think I'd be okay. Their color is so much more concentrated.

Chris

Hey al you wanna see some cool colors goto a crafts mart and get the candle dies.. they have about every color you can think of.. Ive been playing with them for a while now and they look good with no bleeding...

Ive used the dyes in liquid and solids with the same results

Delw

Some of the candle dye's are very concentrated and dont take much... The one thing that I found is that it leaves a greasy film on the pyrex when I use it in the microwave. but it dont on the worms or on your fingers when you pic up the worms...

Delw

Alright!

Glad to hear you guys are havin success with the gel dyes.

Thats what I'm usin, the only other "con" I can think of is color variety. (besides the residue in the pyrex)

The only colors I can find are the 3 primary, but hey some mixin & you can get alot of shades. they work great for transparent colors & the yellow by itself makes a pretty pleasing chartreuse.

The minnows I poured in the silicone tutorial here were colored with only candle dye.

I use 2 different brands & one has a dropper bottle & the other is an open neck bottle, well I picked up the wrong bottle & turned it upside down & "plomp" the whole bottle of blue dye in about 6 ounces of plastic :oops: lol, I grabbed a bottle of MF silver & added in enough to get a decent irridescent out of the mistake........wanna see 8O

This lil batch of oops did have some bleeding, eXpected from the huge amount of blue......hey, Stop laughing :|

f-up.jpg

f-up.jpg

f-up.jpg

f-up.jpg

f-up.jpg

f-up.jpg

f-up.jpg

f-up.jpg

56_thumb.attach