Geppa®

Some Of My Lures

Hello everybody!These are some lures that I've been doing lately.

They're all wtd made with epoxy resin from a mold taken by a wooden master, obviously carved by me.

The pictures start from the first steps 'till the end, and I hope you'll like it: I'm not used to paint scales on my lures, but some of them have some kind of tridimensional paint that I like very much (if you like it and want to know about it, I'll be very glad to show you how to do it).

So, here come the pictures...

Making details:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

And the lures painted and ready to go fishing;

2-3.jpg

DSCF5088.jpg

DSCF5117.jpg

This is what I mean for "tridimensional scales", and the lure was intended to represent a "pearch pattern", but it's easy to paint a kind of snake pattern and whatever you want

7-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

9-2.jpg

10-2.jpg

Well, this is all that regards my wtd, and I hope you'll like them.

As soon as they'll ready and perfectly dry, I'll post something more.

Thank you for the attention,

Francesco "Geppa"

wow, those are really nice, esp. the paint. super!

Thanks a lot! :)

Hey Geppa, very nice paint and carving, post some more - what do they swim like ????? are they a 'Popper'.pete

Thank you haz, they have a "walk the dog" action, and are about 1-1/2 oz for 5-1/2 inches.

I'll post other pics as soon as I get some free time from my job and studying, thanks for your appreciation. :)

@ Geppa

At first , .....welcome to TU !

Very nice stickbaits you've made there :yes: , ...........this scale thing really sounds interesting :yay: !

To me it looks like that you've glued little round pieces of foil onto the lures one by one :? , .........would be glad to hear more abvout your methods !

greetz , diemai :yay:

Geppa, it seems to me that you have used hand tools to do the carving, and not a Dremel type rotary power tool, or maybe both?

I would be interested to see a picture of the tools you use for carving details on your lures. Perhaps other people would be interested too.

Geppa, it seems to me that you have used hand tools to do the carving, and not a Dremel type rotary power tool, or maybe both?

I would be interested to see a picture of the tools you use for carving details on your lures. Perhaps other people would be interested too.

I also would like to see what you used. Those are some really snazzy baits. I just started about a month ago and would be interested in your tridimensional paint.

Hello, Great lures.  How did you make the scales on the white one?

I've used a semi-circulare gauge to make that scale pattern, one like this:

dscf5218z.jpg

It's an easy and fast way to get a nice pattern on foiled lures.

@ Geppa

At first , .....welcome to TU !

Very nice stickbaits you've made there  :yes: , ...........this scale thing really sounds interesting  :yay: !

To me it looks like that you've glued little round pieces of foil onto the lures one by one :?  , .........would be glad to hear more abvout your methods !

greetz , diemai :yay:

Thank you, diemai! 

That kind of scale is made using a net and a few pieces of adhesive tape. I'll try to write and show how I do it, it's quite easy. :)

Rofish, as you said, I don't use power tools but simply hand tools like cutter and sand paper.

I make some guide lines on the lures and then I work with a lot of patience and accuracy. If you wish, I'll ask someone to take a picture or two while I'm carving details on the next lure. :)