apaseman

Hello, New To Forum, Lot's Of Questions :)

Hello everybody!

Found this forum, and it looks like a great community. Looking forward to learning a lot here. So, I'm an absolute NOVICE with NO experience in painting my own cranks, so I'm asking for any information that could help me start.

What kind of paint is needed for plastic cranks? Is it the same for wood? What clear coat product?

Also, can everything be done via an airbrush, including the clear coat?

Last, any good websites for information, and any good places to buy components? Thanks!

Hello everybody!

Found this forum, and it looks like a great community. Looking forward to learning a lot here. So, I'm an absolute NOVICE with NO experience in painting my own cranks, so I'm asking for any information that could help me start.

What kind of paint is needed for plastic cranks? Is it the same for wood? What clear coat product?

Also, can everything be done via an airbrush, including the clear coat?

Last, any good websites for information, and any good places to buy components? Thanks!

Don,t take this the wrong way, but all the info is already out here. all you have to do is use the search function you can spend hours reading all the information on this site . hopefully you do not have an addictive personality lure building and this site can be addicting.

when you run into a problem or a solution to someones issue please chime in you will always find someone that is willing to help..

Again welcome to the site and I hope you have a lot coffee your going to need it.....

K.C.

I agree with K.C.K. Not trying to be a smarta$$, but you will find a wealth of information by using the search feature. It's a little hard to answer generic questions like what's the best paint or what airbrush should I purchase or what's the best top coat to use. What you end up using will be what you decide is best for you. It's just like buying ice cream. If there was a "best" ice cream then there would only be one flavor. I personally spent weeks reading through archived posts before asking the first question. Not telling you this is what you should do, but it's easier to answer a specific question than it is to answer a question about "what is best"? A lot of us spray indoors and therefore use a water based paint such as Createx. Some people here at TU have years of experience in the automotive painting business and have vast experience with solvent based paints and thus use those. There are a lot of folks here who build baits for sale and are set up with spray booths and are more streamlined for mass production than those of us who do this part time as more of a hobby. And PLEASE don't ask what top coat is best. There have been several "wars" started over that topic. lol Anyway, look around and research some of the things your interested in by using the search feature. Almost any topic you can think of has been discussed before and is stored away in the archives. Then when you have questions just fire away and we'll be more than happy to try and help you. Good luck and welcome to TU.

RG