BigFischer

Saltwater Vs Freshwater Bouency

Hey fellas, I'm new here and first I'd like to say hello and thanks for such a great informative site!

I was hoping someone could help me out with the difference between saltwater and freshwater bouency for a wood plug. I have a large tank that I want to use for testing sink rates and floatability instead of allways having to go to the water to test plugs like needles and poppers.

I was wondering if there is some kind of formula for adding salt to freshwater to make it as similar as possible to actual seawater? The tank I want to use is 30 gallons.

Thanks for any help and thanks for a great website, Billy

Hey fellas, I'm new here and first I'd like to say hello and thanks for such a great informative site!

I was hoping someone could help me out with the difference between saltwater and freshwater bouency for a wood plug. I have a large tank that I want to use for testing sink rates and floatability instead of allways having to go to the water to test plugs like needles and poppers.

I was wondering if there is some kind of formula for adding salt to freshwater to make it as similar as possible to actual seawater? The tank I want to use is 30 gallons.

Thanks for any help and thanks for a great website, Billy

Go to your local aquarium shop you can buy some salt and a salinity gauge there.. you can have it exactly the salinity to where you plan to sell these. there is quite a bit of difference between salt and fresh water and buoyancy.

K.c.

Go to your local aquarium shop you can buy some salt and a salinity gauge there.. you can have it exactly the salinity to where you plan to sell these. there is quite a bit of difference between salt and fresh water and buoyancy.

K.c.

Thanks for the response K.c. I appreciate it. And thats a great idea!