Mags

Strike King 6xd

Anyone tried these yet? They have them in stock at Academy. Looking at the bill on the bait I have a hard time believing it will hit 18 feet, which is what it is advertised to do. The body appears longer than the bill, almost like a Bagley B3 body length. The bill is wider than the body. Perhaps it is weighted to reach these depths?

I may just buy a few as it has got my curiosity after the Red Eye. The Red Eye Shad is a superbly designed bait. The 1/2 and the 3/4 do exactly as advertised. Interestingly the 1/4 ounce doesn't shimmy on the falls like the 1/2 and the 3/4. I know the 6XD was a long time in the development stage. I know several guys that worked on designing it and they didn't just rush it on to the market. Just looking at the bait it just doesn't look like it will go that deep. The bill isn't long enough. I'll give you a report. I'm fishing Thursday through Saturday and will buy one and try it.

Steve

Edited by Mags