warflures

3d Eyes

First of all i would like to say that i am new to this site and absolutly love it. I build custom jigs here in the panhandle of florida. I was wanting to make my own 3d eyes and was curious on what kind of epoxy to use or is it a type of resin. Im talking about the clear coat that covers them. I tried to use flexcoat and it worked ok, but what do the companies that manufacture them use.

Thanks for any help

First of all i would like to say that i am new to this site and absolutly love it. I build custom jigs here in the panhandle of florida. I was wanting to make my own 3d eyes and was curious on what kind of epoxy to use or is it a type of resin. Im talking about the clear coat that covers them. I tried to use flexcoat and it worked ok, but what do the companies that manufacture them use.

Thanks for any help

Well, I can tell you what not to use. I posted a thread on here about some 3d eyes i made using the realistic water stuff. The stuff they use on model railrod sets. Well, it turns out after I pulled my tacklebox out of my car, the stuff expanded (from heat im assuming)under my epoxy on the lure and actually broke through and leaked. Maybe I didnt have enough epoxy over it, but either way I would use that stuff. Your best bet would be the epoxy or do some more searching on here. I know others have made them.

Well, I can tell you what not to use. I posted a thread on here about some 3d eyes i made using the realistic water stuff. The stuff they use on model railrod sets. Well, it turns out after I pulled my tacklebox out of my car, the stuff expanded (from heat im assuming)under my epoxy on the lure and actually broke through and leaked. Maybe I didnt have enough epoxy over it, but either way I would use that stuff. Your best bet would be the epoxy or do some more searching on here. I know others have made them.

Thanks for posting I was getting ready to try this. I carried this stuff around the hobby shop the other day for an hour before deciding to put it back. Sounds to me im glad I did.