JLester

$ 888.88 Bagley's Db-3 Crankbait

17 posts in this topic

Does anybody know why this crankbait is so valueable. It's a Bagley's DB-3.R2. It's Blue,Blue Scale with an orange belly. It really did sell for $ 888.88 on e-bay last week.

Well, I wanted a blue balsa bait for spring fishing and the bidding just got out of hand!?

Nah. I'm sure it's one of those wacky Bagley collectors and it will never see water again.

Does anybody know why this crankbait is so valueable. It's a Bagley's DB-3.R2. It's Blue,Blue Scale with an orange belly. It really did sell for $ 888.88 on e-bay last week.

Still have the link for the eBay auction? I would like to see this thing.

Good question! I just did a search on completed auctions; the guy sold another one in the same color for close to $500.

Suggest sending the seller a note to see what he is willing to say about value. It looks like he has sold several "rare" bagley's.

Bob; these things are more valuable than gold (by weight).

k

Well, I wanted a blue balsa bait for spring fishing and the bidding just got out of hand!?

Nah. I'm sure it's one of those wacky Bagley collectors and it will never see water again.

So your the one that kept running the price up. :mad: lol

Here the link to the $888.88 one.

VINTAGE-BAGLEY-DB3-FISHING-LURE-SPECIAL-COLOR-BLUE-SCAL_W0QQitemZ390160369835QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0.htm

VINTAGE-BAGLEY-DB3-FISHING-LURE-SPECIAL-COLOR-BLUE-SCAL_W0QQitemZ390160369835QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0.htm

Mr. RG; Man these Bagley's have awesome action; I like to bounce them off the rip rap for silent water entry. I don't think the fish in Texas would appreciate such a fine lure.

ken

I think that was my first bait I ever painted. I will let you know as soon as I can dig it up out of the trash.

I have some blue ones that don't have the scales in the Chatter-B-III....now that a price has been established...

:teef::lol:

:rolleyes:

At $888 apiece, it's just a matter of time before the counterfeits start popping up. I don't have the skills to do it, but for that kind of dough, I'm willing to learn. I've got plenty of old hooks kicking around if somebody wants to go partners. :ph34r:

Edited by Peterjay

it really sold for $888.88? Why does that seem like a false Number to me? Its... very... suspicious... <_< But yeah. I'll agree with that. I'll make one and sell it for that price! I mean... Yeaaah.. I already have one of the... Originals... Yeeeeess... Original... Starting bid $1000.00! hah.

I could paint that pattern for 700 bucks if anyone is interested.. :D

Does that price include the bait or do we have to furnish it? :P