rotorhead

New Top Coating Material

I have found a new product well I say it is new to me it's called Crystal Sheen. It is made by the same company as Envirotex Lite. I talked with one of the company engineers and found out it drys harder than E-tex and a little quicker. The price is a little cheaper that E-tex. I have tried it on several lures and found it works well. You still have to mix it 50-50 as it is a two part coating and will still have to rotate it while it drys but it does seem to dry quicker and has a harder finish. Has anyone else had any experience using this coating.

thanks

Rotorhead

I saw this too and wondered the same thing. Have you put any of the lures you coated in the water yet or better yet fished them? I almost bought some the last time but didn't want to waste the money if it didn't work. I've tried Super Glaze from Home Depot and it seems to work just like Etex lite and is a little cheaper but also seems to dry just a bit quicker. Not sure if it is really any harder though. It may be along the same lines as this Crystal Sheen. Really curious about this stuff though.

Edited by danderson

I have found a new product well I say it is new to me it's called Crystal Sheen. It is made by the same company as Envirotex Lite. I talked with one of the company engineers and found out it drys harder than E-tex and a little quicker. The price is a little cheaper that E-tex. I have tried it on several lures and found it works well. You still have to mix it 50-50 as it is a two part coating and will still have to rotate it while it drys but it does seem to dry quicker and has a harder finish. Has anyone else had any experience using this coating.

thanks

Rotorhead

Looking at the prices on Creative Wholesale they are almost the same cost. My question would be, is it as durable as Etex. Being harder it seems it may crack like D2T when smacked on a rock. Quicker drying is a plus though.

I saw this too and wondered the same thing. Have you put any of the lures you coated in the water yet or better yet fished them? I almost bought some the last time but didn't want to waste the money if it didn't work. I've tried Super Glaze from Home Depot and it seems to work just like Etex lite and is a little cheaper but also seems to dry just a bit quicker. Not sure if it is really any harder though. It may be along the same lines as this Crystal Sheen. Really curious about this stuff though.

What section of home depot do you find super glaze in? Is there a brand name?

Tried it and it cracks in a hot tackle box. Ive even left it in a hot garage ( part A and B ) seperated unmixed and the bottles blew up and had epoxy everywhere. This is my experience with it. I know of other musky builders that tried it with the same results.

Crystal sheen. I bought it in a bind for etex a few years ago and tried it. I had very disappointing results. I have a friend ( a very well known musky bait maker) and asked him about it, he had the same problem when he tried it.. He had a large batch of baits that he made that had some returns because of the cracking. The bait would crack then large pieces would over alittle time chip off. This is my experience with it, maybe somebody else has had better luck. I will stay with good old etex , its never failed me yet.

Crystal sheen. I bought it in a bind for etex a few years ago and tried it. I had very disappointing results. I have a friend ( a very well known musky bait maker) and asked him about it, he had the same problem when he tried it.. He had a large batch of baits that he made that had some returns because of the cracking. The bait would crack then large pieces would over alittle time chip off. This is my experience with it, maybe somebody else has had better luck. I will stay with good old etex , its never failed me yet.