BBK

Powder Paint Curing

I'm sure most of you are like me, I like nipples but not on my jigs. I'm trying to rig a way to set the jigs upright instead of hanging them upside down in the oven. I thought about using pieces of 2X4 and adding slits in them to put the hooks into, think this would work? How would I go about making the slits, they would need to be 1/2" deep for my small jig heads?

I've got a few hundred that need curing and I always seem to get nipples when I add more then one coat of paint on the jigs.

The jigs need to be tight if you cure them hook down. If not they will tip over and you will have twins. There are aluminum clamps made by CS inc. that work well for this. I prefer to go to wall mart right after christmas and buy a bunch of metal christmas ornament hangers on clearance. I think the last time I purchased them they cost 25 cents a box. Great for electrostatic hangers also. Then just hang the jig from the line attachment with the hook. Any drips run down and can easily be snapped off. After you do it a few times you will see the best angle to hang them so the excess can be removed the easiest. Some of those ornament hangers have a coating on them. Don't use those unless you peel the coating off.

Ditto #3 - Just have to work on getting a good thin even coat so you don't get them. I've been a dipper for years, and I don't get too many anymore with the extra paint nipple. I just won a fluid bed in a site drawing from another board and just have to get my tubing and air blower then the learning process starts all over again.

Read Cadmans sig under his replys Practice Practice Practice and more Practice and when you think you've got it right Practice some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it pretty well sums it up

Fatman

I made several "S" hooks out of a small dia. stainless steel wire. I put them in the eye of the hooks and hang them up. If there is a run it will go down onto the collar area. Also they help keep the hook eyes clear.

Do you have a problem with the wire getting stuck with powder paint?