bassbandit25

I Need As Many Replies As I Can Get

Hey guys i've been in a mania since ive started makeing my own baits. I would like as many replies to this as i can get its just an idea i have and i think it may be good so i wanted to run it by you guys and see what you thin or have to say.

My dream is to own my own tackle shop with some of my custom stuff in it. But i took a closer look to the compitition out there and was blown away by how many companies are actually out there but none the less i want to do it. I did however find a lack in the system that no one had. Well there are tons of your normal bait shops with you stirkekings,bandits,lucky crafts and such. Sometimes they also have a few of there own creations in it also.

But anyway ill get to the point i think i want to open up a shop with everyones custom baits in it. I've looked on here and have been blown away with the baits and maybe if there was one place you could go to get them all it would be a hit.

Just an idea but if anyone wants to suggest anything or offer help truthfully i see so many great lure builders on here that this would be the main place to get all the custom baits. Sorry if this sounds all jumbled up because im kinda excited about the idea!h

Hey guys i've been in a mania since ive started makeing my own baits. I would like as many replies to this as i can get its just an idea i have and i think it may be good so i wanted to run it by you guys and see what you thin or have to say.

My dream is to own my own tackle shop with some of my custom stuff in it. But i took a closer look to the compitition out there and was blown away by how many companies are actually out there but none the less i want to do it. I did however find a lack in the system that no one had. Well there are tons of your normal bait shops with you stirkekings,bandits,lucky crafts and such. Sometimes they also have a few of there own creations in it also.

But anyway ill get to the point i think i want to open up a shop with everyones custom baits in it. I've looked on here and have been blown away with the baits and maybe if there was one place you could go to get them all it would be a hit.

Just an idea but if anyone wants to suggest anything or offer help truthfully i see so many great lure builders on here that this would be the main place to get all the custom baits. Sorry if this sounds all jumbled up because im kinda excited about the idea!h

I think it sounds pretty interesting. I think about me and I think I'd visit a shop like that.

I would love to have a place to go like that but I think for the most part your customers are going to be local unless you do a primarily online shop like tacklewarehouse, basstackledepot ect. The problem with customs is they are generally going to be more expensive. I think the best thing to do is start with the typical stuff that people fill they can catch fish on plus a few customs and as your business grows begin to add more customs. Just my two cents.

A few thoughts here:

-

I think it's an interesting idea, but; on the retail end of things, profit margins are usually pretty thin. The retailer has to sell a good amount of product to make it worthwhile.

-

Also, being the seller, you would have to stand behind the products that others are making.

-

Sadly, a lot of consumers today think everyplace they buy from is Wal-Mart. Expecting you to offer a refund after they fished/abused a product; and they claim it did not perform as expected. huh.gif

Edited by motomania

Yeah. Sounds interesting an I would like it but you would have to be on the internet to get a big enough audience to entertain the idea of such a narrow field of appeal. In addition, someone has to make the baits.... you could get people on here to but it would be hard to make a profit for you or them because of the time and technicallities of this. Plus if someone on here wants to sell a bait all they have to do is post it or send it to ebay; you would have to give them an incentive to let you sell it for a markup that they could not provide themselves. Plus would you take custom orders for what is to be made to increase the appeal? If so then you depend on others for the reputation of your business on something that can not be duplicated exactly if one goes over really well.

I love the idea i just dont think it would work out economically and logistically. Sorry.sad.gif

Yeah. Sounds interesting an I would like it but you would have to be on the internet to get a big enough audience to entertain the idea of such a narrow field of appeal. In addition, someone has to make the baits.... you could get people on here to but it would be hard to make a profit for you or them because of the time and technicallities of this. Plus if someone on here wants to sell a bait all they have to do is post it or send it to ebay; you would have to give them an incentive to let you sell it for a markup that they could not provide themselves. Plus would you take custom orders for what is to be made to increase the appeal? If so then you depend on others for the reputation of your business on something that can not be duplicated exactly if one goes over really well.

I love the idea i just dont think it would work out economically and logistically. Sorry.sad.gif

I myself like the idea, at least for a web based business. Selling custom lures from multiple people...not sure about regular lures though. I think the whole idea is to have a different "product" and this product would be custom hand made lures. If you did it correctly, I'm sure you could get people to work out a fair price to sell their lures to you, and you could mark it up..OR another approach could be they could "consign" their lures in your "store" and you would get a commission..which is the way I would go because you yourself would have no overhead cost with regards to products. This being said, not to be cliche but I wouldn't quit my day job right away <_<