Mcleod

Automotive Clear Over Createx

I am interested whether anyone has experience regarding 2K Automotive Clear's over createx or similar water based paint that they can share. I have enjoyed painting with Createx paint and would like to keep using it if possible, however, I dont know whether the two will be compatible. I know its not designed to go over createx, but curious whether it will work or not. From discussions I have had locally, there was opinion both ways except noone could confirm they had actually done it before to check. I expect I will spray the topcoat as dipping would cost way too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and the Createx would be heat set before application of the topcoat.

Any information would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks in advance

Angus

You can clear over Createx without any problems as long as you'll heat it up good and make sure its completely dry before clearing......I've used both regular Createx and Createx AutoAir on many motorcycles and helmets and covered them with Automotive clear without issue.

Yes, thorough heat-setting is the key. I brush Dicknite's, which contains a solvent over Createx, with no problems at all, so like K-fisher says, you're good to go.