carolinaboy

Cheapest Place To Buy Createx Paint?

I'd check out coastairbrush.com, dixieart.com and taxidermy.net/suppliers. Be aware that the shipping cost can vary considerably depending on the size of your order. If you want to buy locally, Createx is the standard brand of paint carried by most craft stores including Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc. My feeling is that airbrush paint lasts a long time when painting crankbaits, so I'm more worried about getting the colors I want in large enough sizes, than I am about price. Think about getting a few colors like white, pearl white, black, red, bright green, and neon yellow in 4 oz bottles versus the 2oz size I see stocked in most shops. If you want to try some non-Createx specialized colors, check out taxidermy.net. One of their suppliers, WASCO, carries some nice paints that are designed for fish art. I also love the Polytranspar Super Hide White from WASCO for color basecoating baits before adding colors. It is the best at hiding wood grain or underlying paint that I have found and it dries to a hard smooth surface very quickly. I buy that stuff by the pint!

Edited by BobP

I was at Michaels and I asked the people there about envirotex and they didn't know if it was "water proof"But I've heard great things about it. Is it something I should be Getting? Is it really waterproof? :huh:

Yes it is waterproof and works great on baits. Check your Sunday paper for a Micheals flyer, they have a 40% off one item coupon. If not in your paper look online for one. Hobby Lobby has them to. I take one in once a week and buy a big bottle of Createx.

Like the title says where is the best place to buy Createx Paint I wanna pick up some colors and get going on my crankbaits:). Also What is a good clear coat to use over that?

Locally ... Hobby Lobby and Micheals. I've noticed that Hobby Lobby's price on Createx is cheaper than Micheals' ... at least where I live. Right now Hobby Lobby has all their airbrush stuff including Createx paints on for 30% off.

Also, check Hobby Lobby's website everyweek for a 40% coupon and sign up for email from Micheals'. They will send you coupons every week. Which you can use for Createx paint. I've bought almost all of my Createx either with Hobby Lobby or Micheals' coupons or when Hobby Lobby has it on sale. I did just purchase some from ArtSupply.com who ran a sale on Createx with free shipping. They had some colors that I couldn't get locally.

You might want to look at ArtSupply.com ... they run sales on their airbrush paint.

Ditto on WASCO. The Polytranspar and Wildlife are great and will last awhile. Shipping is a little high so I would save up and order what you need and want at one time.