CarverGLX

Lucky Craft Finish

10 posts in this topic

Does anyplace offer a semi-transparent film containing holographic patterns (swirls, polygons....) that could be applied over foil to achieve a finish similar to lucky craft "aroura black?"

picLV50012.jpg

picLV50012.jpg

picLV50012.jpg

picLV50012.jpg

picLV50012.jpg

picLV50012.jpg

picLV50012.jpg

picLV50012.jpg

post-22736-126846735801_thumb.jpg

I've been having some luck with water slide decal paper. You just print the image you want onto it and then after allowing the ink to dry, and applying a fixative agent, you just cut it out and place it on your bait. Can't say how it would work on baits with multiple contours as I've only used it on flat sided baits.

RG

Edited by RayburnGuy

Does anyplace offer a semi-transparent film containing holographic patterns (swirls, polygons....) that could be applied over foil to achieve a finish similar to lucky craft "aroura black?"

The thing about that Lucky prismatic effect is it's on the inside of the bait.

Look into hot stamping. This is the process most big manufacturers use. The process is simple but the equipment is rather exspensive, it uses heat and pressure to adhere the foil to the bait.

I like the looks of the Rainbow Sheen, but it's $11 for a roll of 165'. And a $25 minimum purchase, which then would have me well over 300' of the stuff, and after shipping, be over $30 in the hole. On top of which I would never be able to use all of it. huh.gifunsure.gif

I found a foil made by a company called Jones Tones. It is called silver lazer drops and it gives a very similar effect.

I like the looks of the Rainbow Sheen, but it's $11 for a roll of 165'. And a $25 minimum purchase, which then would have me well over 300' of the stuff, and after shipping, be over $30 in the hole. On top of which I would never be able to use all of it. huh.gifunsure.gif

You could buy the 165' (or the 300 total feet') use what you need and sell it on ebay.com for just enough to make your money back. Thats what I do when I have to much inventory that I won't use. ;)