gunnie3035

Auto Air Colors

I thought there was a discussion about this a while back, but I can't seem to locate it. Anyway, I'm just not happy with the normal Createx paint or the Wasco taxidermy stuff. I would like something with finer pigment for detail work that doesn't jam the gun or run all over the place. I thought about trying some of the Createx Auto Air paint. Do any of you guys use it and are you happy with it? I would also take other suggestions on paint, but it needs to be water based.

I know about retarder, and reducer. I'm just looking for a better WB paint.

I thought there was a discussion about this a while back, but I can't seem to locate it. Anyway, I'm just not happy with the normal Createx paint or the Wasco taxidermy stuff. I would like something with finer pigment for detail work that doesn't jam the gun or run all over the place. I thought about trying some of the Createx Auto Air paint. Do any of you guys use it and are you happy with it? I would also take other suggestions on paint, but it needs to be water based.

I know about retarder, and reducer. I'm just looking for a better WB paint.

Why is it jamming your gun or running all over the place? What kind of gun (tip size?)and pressure are you trying to shoot with?

I've seen some absolutely amazing work come from createx paint...reason I'm asking.

I've used some of the AA paints and they are a little better, but I don't think they are "alot" better. The helpful aspect to them is you're able to add reducer at different rates to find what works best for you. Also, AA has many different special effect paints that are fun to play around with. An alternative to consider....you can use AA reducers in createx to help with your clogging. If it's the pearl colors that are clogging in a fine tip (some pearl colors give me trouble in my .3mm tip), you may want to consider going to a .5mm tip. If you get into AA special effects paints, you'll need a .5mm tip anyway. If you try the AA, get the auto-borne line, it's supposed to be good stuff. I just got some and only tried it a little bit so far, but it seems to flow nice. Good luck.

I've used some of the AA paints and they are a little better, but I don't think they are "alot" better. The helpful aspect to them is you're able to add reducer at different rates to find what works best for you. Also, AA has many different special effect paints that are fun to play around with. An alternative to consider....you can use AA reducers in createx to help with your clogging. If it's the pearl colors that are clogging in a fine tip (some pearl colors give me trouble in my .3mm tip), you may want to consider going to a .5mm tip. If you get into AA special effects paints, you'll need a .5mm tip anyway. If you try the AA, get the auto-borne line, it's supposed to be good stuff. I just got some and only tried it a little bit so far, but it seems to flow nice. Good luck.

I have some reducer but it is a milky white color. Perhaps I bought the wrong type, but it seems to fog up the transparent colors and change the normal colors slightly. I'm really after a WB paint with a finer pigment so it will shoot better w/o watering it down. I shoot thru both a 3mm and a 2.5 mm + I have a 5mm tip for pearls, but I mainly use the 3mm for just about everything unless it is a smaller bait. If I could get all colors to shoot like the normal createx black I would be happy. I read the AA colors have a finer pigment so I thought maybe they would shoot a little smoother w/o cutting them. I just wanted some opinions from actual users to see if it is worth the extra expense.

I have some reducer but it is a milky white color. Perhaps I bought the wrong type, but it seems to fog up the transparent colors and change the normal colors slightly. I'm really after a WB paint with a finer pigment so it will shoot better w/o watering it down. I shoot thru both a 3mm and a 2.5 mm + I have a 5mm tip for pearls, but I mainly use the 3mm for just about everything unless it is a smaller bait. If I could get all colors to shoot like the normal createx black I would be happy. I read the AA colors have a finer pigment so I thought maybe they would shoot a little smoother w/o cutting them. I just wanted some opinions from actual users to see if it is worth the extra expense.

Never used auto air......but you're using water based paint, and if you're trying to shoot through less than a 0.5mm airbrush, you're just going to have to deal witht he fact that some colors just have bigger pigments and will cause clogging problems. One thing that helps is straining through an actual strainer or some panty hose. It actually has some of the effect of reducing since you're actually removing pigment, thinning the paint.

Not what you want to hear I'm sure, but with the convenience of water based paints, comes this issue.