Geppa®

A Two-pieces Swimbait

Hello everyone!

After a lot of troubles, I finally found the time to share one of my latest swimbaits; a two-pieces shaped as a carp.

I use to carve my plugs by hand with a knife and sand paper, and these are the pictures of the "work in progress", from rough wood to coated resin-made lure.

DSCF4783.jpg

DSCF4784.jpg

Foiled and ready for the mold, so that the other swimbaits will be the copy of this one:

DSCF4788.jpg

DSCF4789.jpg

Airbrush painted, epoxy coated and ready to fish;

DSCF5090.jpg

DSCF5097.jpg

DSCF5099.jpg

DSCF5100.jpg

DSCF5101.jpg

DSCF5102.jpg

It's slow sinking, 3 oz and 6 inches. It has a nice "S-action" in the water and if twitched, has a side-to-side movement (just like a spook).

I'll post a video of the movement, if it stops raining...   :flame:

Greetings,

Geppa. :)

Cool looking bait. How did you seal it before painting it. It looks like a little carp for sure.

Rich

Rich, I'm not used to seal the baits before painting, but sometimes I do it with a a 2-part epoxy; the same one that I use for my molds and for my baits. 

I use this resin as top coat too, with 2, 3 or 4 coat depending on the teeth of the fish that I would like to catch... :)

Thank you for your appreciation :)

@ Geppa

Absolutely great work you've achieved there with a state-of-the-art finish , just a very fine lure !

What species you're using it for , ........I know , that you've got silure in Italy , probably zander(walleye, pike perch) as well , ....do you also still have pike further south of the Alpes ?

greetz , diemai :yay:

@ Geppa

Absolutely great work you've achieved there with a state-of-the-art finish , just a very fine lure !

What species you're using it for , ........I know , that you've got silure in Italy , probably zander(walleye, pike perch) as well , ....do you also still have pike further south of the Alpes ?

Diemai, thank you for your compliments, I do appreciate your opinion. :)

Here in Italy there are silure (silurus glanis), zander (stizostedion lucioperca), pike and a lot of other fishes...

Pike lives both in the north of Italy and in the south, but I'm not used to fish it, I just love trout and black bass, in fact this swim has been created for bass, even if some friend of mine uses it for pike. 

I've seen your plugs and I'd like to know your opinion on this swimbait; would you like to make a plug swap? 

A work of art.  You are a truly gifted builder.   :worship:

Thank you so much! :)

Edited by Geppa®

i'm confused, is the bait itself made out of resin (assuming the wooden bait is a master for a mold) or is it a wooden bait with a resin top coat? either way nice job! i like the scales.

Thank you for your compliments! 

Yes, you're right: the wooden bait is the prototype and, if it swims right for me, becomes the master for the mold; this swimbait (and all the other that I keep on making) is made out of resin with glass microbubbles added and the same resin is used for the top coat. 

:)

@ Geppa

Thanks for further info about fish species in Italy , .......really did not know , that there are still pike in the South of your country .

Also didn't know , that you obviously have a good stock of bass , only knew about waters in Spain to have them .

Somewhen in the past they've tried to establish American bass in Germany as well , but it did not work out to build up good stocks , so they vanished again , ........... and nowadays we have learned more about the dangers of taking alien species to places that they don't belong , anyway !

Sorry for little off-topic , ............PM sent !

@ Geppa

Thanks for further info about fish species in Italy , .......really did not know , that there are still pike in the South of your country .

Also didn't know , that you obviously have a good stock of bass , only knew about waters in Spain to have them .

Somewhen in the past they've tried to establish American bass in Germany as well , but it did not work out to build up good stocks , so they vanished again , ........... and nowadays we have learned more about the dangers of taking alien species to places that they don't belong , anyway !

Sorry for little off-topic , ............PM sent !

I'll answer you immediately.

No problem for the OT. ;)