CatchemCaro

Marketing Your Custom Hand Made Baits.

Hi

I'm new to this forum and what I've seen in just a few minutes is great. I wish I would have found this site a long time ago as it would have saved me a lot of trial and error. I'm wondering if any of you custom bait makers sell your baits and if so other then e-bay, how do you go about selling them? I know about going into the local tackle shops and selling on e-bay. I'm looking to see if there's another way to get my baits out there for people to see and buy other then the ways I have been using.

Thanks

Rich

hey i suggest going to weight ins for local and BFL tournaments its the best way to meet a ton of anglers who are excited to seen new baits. Also try a fishing show/expo look it up to see if there are any coming near you its a great way to get your name out there and put some cash in your pocket.

Hi

I'm new to this forum and what I've seen in just a few minutes is great. I wish I would have found this site a long time ago as it would have saved me a lot of trial and error. I'm wondering if any of you custom bait makers sell your baits and if so other then e-bay, how do you go about selling them? I know about going into the local tackle shops and selling on e-bay. I'm looking to see if there's another way to get my baits out there for people to see and buy other then the ways I have been using.

Thanks

Rich

Hello Rich and Welcome... You are on the right track. Ebay and Tackle shops are a good start. Think about buying ad space on sites like this one and other forums that relate to fishing. Also try sponsoring a few anglers that will use your baits in tournaments to get word of mouht.

Rich, when I was used to sell my lures, I had a kind of trade agreement with a friend of mine who is the proprietor of a fishing shop; he sold my lures and kept for him a little percentage on the final price.

It was not quite fair for me, but it was the fastest way to let my lures be seen and bought by many people.

In addiction, maybe ebay remains the most practical method to sell your lures.

Geppa