lowbudget fishing

Fluid Bed For Powder Paint

The little clumps as you call them are probably due to having the head too hot and getting too much paint on them.

The same thing can happen with a fluid bed if you get the heads too hot before you paint them. I have painted thousands of them with out a fluid bed.

The best way to paint IMO is to have the heads heated only enough to put the paint on and have it look dull. Then bake it on. Whether it is by dipping into a jar of fluid bed.

Edited by Jig Man

The little clumps as you call them are probably due to having the head too hot and getting too much paint on them.

The same thing can happen with a fluid bed if you get the heads too hot before you paint them. I have painted thousands of them with out a fluid bed.

The best way to paint IMO is to have the heads heated only enough to put the paint on and have it look dull. Then bake it on. Whether it is by dipping into a jar of fluid bed.

so i fluid bed isnt really a must have deal? if it is what is its purpose?

What the fluid bed does is keeps the paint really loose and fluffed up which makes it easier to dip the jig since you are not trying to force it through the paint in the jar. This allows you to put a really thin coat of paint on the jigs which will prevent the clumping and paint running while curing. It also keeps the jig eyes open. The best way to preheat the jigs if you are doing large quantities is to use a toaster oven. We hang the jigs on the rack and preheat them at about 375 degrees for around 10 minutes. Then using a pair of hemostats, we grab them out one at a time and quickly swish them in the fluid bed. The toaster oven allows you to heat the jigs to a consistant temperature compared to using a heat gun or torch. Using the fluid bed, we have gotten over 500 3/8oz jigs out of 2oz of paint. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Be glad to help.

Thanks,

Benjamin

TJ's Tackle

www.tjstackle.com

What the fluid bed does is keeps the paint really loose and fluffed up which makes it easier to dip the jig since you are not trying to force it through the paint in the jar. This allows you to put a really thin coat of paint on the jigs which will prevent the clumping and paint running while curing. It also keeps the jig eyes open. The best way to preheat the jigs if you are doing large quantities is to use a toaster oven. We hang the jigs on the rack and preheat them at about 375 degrees for around 10 minutes. Then using a pair of hemostats, we grab them out one at a time and quickly swish them in the fluid bed. The toaster oven allows you to heat the jigs to a consistant temperature compared to using a heat gun or torch. Using the fluid bed, we have gotten over 500 3/8oz jigs out of 2oz of paint. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Be glad to help.

Thanks,

Benjamin

TJ's Tackle

www.tjstackle.com

wow i think that answers it all thanks guys. now all i gotta do now is figure how to build one.